Cover Art

http://abstract.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/970609/

Friday, February 21, 2014

I Love Snow...

at Christmas. All other times, I'm all about green grass and flowers. beach sand and sunshine.

Now don't get me wrong, I do see the beauty in snow... well fresh snow anyway. To be honest, I think snowflakes are one of the most beautiful and fascinating things I've ever seen. There is actually a study here talking about how different snowflakes are formed. It's interesting but I mostly love looking at the photos...lol.

My kids are home from school today because it's too icy for buses. Seems this year, we've had more 'extreme weather' school cancelations than I remember ever having when I grew up. (and I've lived in Newfoundland and Northern Quebec, where snow is plentiful). Needless to say the boys are thrilled... I'm still working on seeing the bright side here.

Segueing into art now... I've been trying a lot of different styles because I don't want to fall into the rut I got into last year, where I drew nothing for the latter half of the year. So yesterday I decided that I'd try animation. Simple lines and textures...quick, easy and fun, right? Actually, it's a little more work than I realized. It was fun though. Ironically, when I sat down to think of what I wanted to draw, I realized that the two characters that I found most gorgeous in the movies I've seen, were Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians and Elsa from Frozen... the Winter characters....go figure. And yeah, my snowflakes are not even remotely symmetrical...my 7 year old just wanted to make sure I knew that.








2 comments:

  1. your characters are charming, both.
    love your snowflakes and designs, they are so pretty and add sweet accents.
    Don't you just love how kids point these details out to us ;-) My son use to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sketches, so enchanting. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!